Tuesday 29 September 2009

Jump In My Pool Music Video

Friendly Fires are a band I have previously mentioned in my blog and "Jump in My Pool" from their debut album, is my favourite track. The music video, which was created for the promotion of the track I think is wonderfully simple and beautiful:

It simply consists of two synchronized swimmers being filmed (upside-down) underwater, in an ambiently lit pool. Their elegant flowing movements captured, produce alluring shapes that are captivating to watch. 

From simply turning the camera upside down, it appears now that the reflective water surface is beneath them and they are floating above. The contrast in the deep mysterious blue and the dazzling white spotlight, creates a magical/dreamy feel to the video, especially through the bubbles which are caught by the light throughout and have be overlaid on top of the clips of the band singing.  The atmosphere and mode created in this video works really well with the synths and sounds the Friendly Fires produce.

No comments:

Post a Comment