Sunday 28 June 2009

Adidas House Party

One of my latest favourite TV adverts is the Adidas Originals House Party, which celebrates originality and the brand being in the business for 60years! 

The huge house party is full of well known and recognised celebrities including Katy Perry, David Beckham, Method Man, Chris Rock, The Ting Tings, Estelle and Missey Elliott... all dressed in the brands clothing (mmm..not that original!!ha). Everytime I watch the ad I spot another celebrity that I didn't notice had been invited. Performing at the event are Norwegian hip hop band, Madcon with their hit single, Beggin. The music chosen for this ad I feel is perfect and helps create the infectious party atmosphere, that is translated right through the screen to the viewer. 

After seeing the ad and hearing the soundtrack, I downloaded it straight away. The original was by Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, in 2007 it was remixed by Pilooski and in 2008, Madcon did a version.

I think the brand, the music, the all-star cast and brilliant directing (by Nima Nourizadeh ), all contribute to the sucess of the Ad.

Here Sky 1 have obviously noted the popularity and success of the ad and created a Simpsons Spoof Adidas House Party, to promote the Simpsons new schedule:

No comments:

Post a Comment